Reflections on 2013
While many, many good things came of 2013, I have a feeling this will be a short post. 🙂
1. I ventured into pattern selling and it was one of the best moves I could have made! I’m starting to head more in that direction. I have lots of fun patterns in the works (works of my mind, at this point), so keep an eye out for some great new patterns!
2. My Gimli pattern had huge success (much greater success than I had hoped for) and has inspired me to venture into creating some more complicated patterns. I’m still trying to figure out trademark and copyright laws concerning certain characters, so I’m not sure how many of these patterns you will actually see. 🙂
3. I sold two of the completed Gimli Helmets and Beards this year, and somehow feel that might be my limit. I knew that I would limit those to a certain number per year, and I was thinking 3, but it might be 2. 🙂
4. I also started giving crochet lessons and found that I adore it! I love teaching someone such a creative hobby. I enjoy helping my students through the process and seeing their amazing progress. I’m hoping to have time for more lessons late in 2014. For now, working full time and giving lessons on the side keeps me pretty busy!
5. I participated in two craft shows this year. Had I known I was going to be pregnant, and had considered the timing of the December show, I might have chickened out. As it is, both of the shows went great, and I’m considering a repeat of both for next year.
6. My custom order sales were higher this year as well! I did find that the inventory built up from my craft shows did help in making sales, since they were ready for immediate purchase.
7. I’m considering branching out to selling my Ready to Ship items on storenvy. I’ve started building a store there, but have yet to list anything. I’m trying to decide if I want the trouble of shipping or not. 😉
8. I got my first “out of country” order this year. While I did try to convince her to find someone within her own country, she apparently wanted to buy from me. 🙂 I’m a little nervous about the shipping process, but I’m sure it will be fine (I’ll be shipping sometime this month).
9. I also encouraged and helped my friend start her business, Smacked with a Sparkle, this year. It’s been so much fun to do crocheting and craft shows together!
2013 was a great year for Warming the Heart!